A painting ladder is also called a stepladder. It can have two, three or multiple steps, depending on your preference and need. This is one of the trade ladders used for painting walls and other high surfaces in your house or building. A painting ladder has a self-supporting A-frame design which makes it more stable and secure.
To clarify, step ladders have a lot of functions. One of the popular functions of step ladders is its use during painting work hence, the painting ladder.
A painting ladder is another example of trade ladders that is used by painters, carpenters and homeowners.
The materials used to make this type of ladder may be any one or a combination of the following:
- Wood – This was the most popular material used in making all ladders in the past. This is a good material since it offers durability. It is non-conductive that is why it is good to use when you’re working in places that are filled with electrical wires. The problem with this material is, it is not portable because of its heavy weight. At the same time, it offers a good place for insects to inhabit.
- Aluminum - Aluminum is a metal. And just like all metals, aluminum is a good conductor of electricity. So if you are planning to paint in places where there are a lot of electrical wires, aluminum ladder is not the best choice for you. The good thing about aluminum is its light weight. It is, therefore, portable, easily transported and stored.
- Fiber Glass – Fiber glass is probably the best type of material for ladders. It is non-conductive, can resist insect and weather damage. However, fiber glass ladders can be very expensive compared to aluminum or wooden painting ladders. But you are assured of its durability and strength.
Painting ladders come in different sizes and designs that you can choose from. If you are in the market for painting ladders, make sure that they have the following features:
- Slip-resistant rubber feet – This is very important to prevent accidents due to trips or falls.
- Aluminum angle feet with think rubber thread – they should be made available on all four legs of the ladder to provide sure “feeting”.
- Sufficient load capacity – some step ladders or painting ladders have a large load capacity. This caters to users of all sizes and weight. If you’re going to purchase a ladder with a small load capacity, you are putting yourself at risk for accidents.
- High and solid handle /handhold – to ensure a safe climb
Knowing the right ladder for you requires you to try it first before the purchase. This will give you an idea of how it feels like to climb on the ladder. You can check its stability, comfort and safety first-hand.
If you want to order a painting ladder over the internet, make sure to check out the return policies of the company. This is very important so you can return the product within the allowed return period in case you feel uncomfortable with your purchase.
By Matthew Holden
Article Source: ezinearticles.com